Website Albarell Electric
The Project Assistant provides administrative, coordination and operational support under the direction of the project manager. The Project Assistant may work for one or more project managers and assist with the timely completion of a variety of individual projects.
Reports to Construction Operations Manager but works closely with all Project Managers, Estimators and other field personnel. Normal working hours are Monday thru Friday between 7:30AM to 4:00PM. Some flexibility required to meet needs of a small business office. No routine weekend hours.
Provide support and assist Project Managers with the overall administration and coordination of a project from planning to completion. Manage, compile, and track data and documentation for specific projects. Interact with vendors and lower tier subcontractors in verifying quotation accuracy. Assist with the material and equipment submittal process. Prepare permit applications and arrange for permit procurement through the applicable authority and jurisdiction. Maintain work order, change order, submittal and document control logs. Assist in preparing job cost reports and compiling other financial information using project accounting software. Prepare required project close out documentation and affect delivery. Schedule electrical inspections as required. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Provide ongoing analysis of company operations and processes to devise specific strategies that address weaknesses and promote improvement.
The Project Assistant should have a demonstrated knowledge of the construction process, including an understanding of contract documentation, construction blueprint and plan reading, submittals, job costing, subcontracts, submittals, permits and inspections. The individual should have strong analytical and communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an office support role — experience in a construction related role a plus
- Proficiency with including Microsoft Office Suite a must; experience with construction accounting software a plus
- Excellent organizational, oral, written and interpersonal skills required; must be a self- motivated individual.
- Team player in a small office environment
- Strong customer service mindset and approach to business
- Detail oriented, must have the ability to prioritize work, analyze information, identify discrepancies and meet deadlines.
- Strong Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
Albarell Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or marital status.