Website Albarell Electric
The Electrical Project Manager / Estimator shall provide detailed estimates for all job assigned by the Chief Estimator or by the Construction Management Team. The Project Manager / Estimator will be required to interact with engineers, architects, vendors, subcontractors, and when necessary, obtain pricing for various materials, services and equipment packages. The Project Manager / Estimator will be required to complete full project take-off and utilize a computer based estimating program to provide a detailed cost estimate for review. When required the Project Manager / Estimator will assemble all pertinent information and attend a project turnover meeting.
The Electrical Project Manager / Estimator when directed by the senior management team shall manage, plan, and monitor all of the electrical aspects of the electrical construction of the assigned project. They will verify that all insurances and subcontracts are in place for each project. The will interact with the company Superintendent with regard to all labor requirements, and provide assistance, information and direction to the assigned Project Foreman. The Electrical Project Manager / Estimator will be required to attend all project meetings and act as the liaison between our Company and the Construction Manager, General Contractor or the Owner. The Electrical Project Manager / Estimator will be responsible to assist in tracking all project costs and interact with the accounting department to verify that all invoicing is correct and current.
- Review project documents and specifications prior to preparing estimate.
- Review electrical discipline calculations and equations, including electrical circuit calculations, 3-phase power and ampacity, impedance, sizing of conductors, calculation of losses, reactive power, relaying calculations, etc.
- Interact with subcontractors and vendors to obtain required quotations.
- Review project documents and submit requests for information when required.
- Understand and verify that all installations will be compliant with the National Electrical Code.
- Provide detailed estimates for all projects assigned.
- Interact with the purchasing team for the purchase of services, materials and equipment packages.
- Review purchase orders for accuracy.
- Authorize payment for purchases.
- Verify that all proper paperwork has been received from subcontractors and all required insurance documents have been received and or provided.
- Manage all aspects of the electrical installation.
- Provide insight and guidance to the Project Foreman and verify that all installations are installed as designed.
- Provide project planning and control material and labor costs by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Coordinates project construction with Construction Managers, General Contractors or Owners, to resolve critical time –sensitive construction-related electrical issues.
- Provide pricing for all change directives. Obtain necessary cost approvals.
- Provide all required information to the accounting department and track all job costs.
- Provide detailed project accounting to Management bi-monthly.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintains and fosters contacts with consultants, contractors, vendors and material suppliers.
- Provide direction and assistance with project submittals and submitting to the appropriate parties.
- Assist and provide direction in preparing Operations and Maintenance manuals for project turnover.
- Additional duties as required.
- Work closely with all estimators, project managers, purchasing agents and the accounting team to work toward the successful completion of all projects.
- Report directly to the President.
- Is expected to stay current with the National Electrical Code and attend continuing education opportunities when presented.
- 7 years of electrical construction / estimation / project management experience.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and estimating software. Experience with construction accounting software a plus.
- Working knowledge of product submittals and manufacturers data sheets.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written and interpersonal skills required, must be a selfmotivated individual. Able to work unsupervised for periods of time.
- Team player in a small office environment.
- Strong customer service mindset and approach to business.
- Detailed oriented, must have the ability to prioritize work, analyze information, identify discrepancies and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
Albarell Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or marital status.